On Monday, February 22nd, we received a very scary phonecall... that Frankie's dad was in the ER getting an emergency tracheotomy and was not able to breathe on his own. Within a couple hours we had 3 bags and 2 kids in the car and were headed to southern california. Frank was in the ICU trying to recover from the operation, and had a blood transfusion. He was still not breathing on his own, and doctors thought they found fluid in his lungs. Frankie and his sister Jen went straight to the hospital, while I took care of the girls. Immediately after we got that first call we had prayed together, asking for God's hand over Frank. I spent the better part of that evening doing just that. I knew God knew what was in the future, and prayed that Frank would be comforted and healed. I asked for wisdom for all his doctors and nurses involved, and peace for all of us in the meantime.
The next day I was able to visit Frank. He was in good spirits, and keeping his sense of humor... making us laugh through our face masks by dancing to the sound of his monitors is something I won't forget. Granted, I couldn't stay long. I found myself getting so warm and light-headed in that ICU room, under my sweatshirt, the apron, gloves, mask, etc. I had to get air... rushing out of his room and finding a place to sit down wasn't enough. Vomitting a couple times in the hallway seemed to do the trick though. Can we say humiliating?? A very unexpected reaction, but needless to say I haven't been back to the ICU yet. The doctors are moving Frank to a regular room so I am hoping once they do that I can manage another visit.
Anyways... Frank, glad you're still here. God is so good. My prayers haven't changed. I am still praying for your constant healing... physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I am praying for the ultimate in wisdom for the doctors to know what's best for you. I am praying you will receive all the support you need to recover from this, since it won't happen overnight. And, I am praying for God to reveal to all of us the good that is going to come of this. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28
Please take this to heart Frank. We love you.
2 comments:
I'm praying for all of you!! Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. God bless you all!
Very well said...My prayers are in alignment with yours...Like we know...God is not intrested in our comfort, but our character. Hopefully Frank will turn to God and realize how little "control" we have and that we need Christ. Thanks for sharing! Stay Strong and appreciate each day.
Blessings,
Sandy x-Silva
Post a Comment