image

image

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Accomplishments, Skills, Talents??

So Frankie and I joined a small group through our church. Last Wednesday was our first week, and we seriously met some awesome couples. We had a yummy chicken tortilla soup dinner, with some crazy good mango salsa (yes, I had to mention the food cause it was THAT good) and just spent the 2 hours getting to know one another. Each couple had to share either how they met, how he proposed, or a funny story about the honeymoon. So that was interesting.

Now, tonight, we have to come prepared to tell about 2 accomplishments, skills/ talents, or something interesting about ourselves. Then 1 fictional yet believable one. And the rest of the group has to distinguish the 2 truths from the fiction. Should be fun right? Ya, I thought so too.... until I started making my mental list to choose which ones I would talk about...

SKILLS:
- I can change diapers like nobody's business.
- I can braid hair on a head that never stops moving... not once.
- I can navigate through pitch black darkness at 2AM and not run into a single thing.
- I can time the insertion of squash into a tiny mouth at the exact interval needed to avoid any spraying, smearing, or launching off the spoon.

Wait, I think to myself, are these the skills they are referring to??
Ok, let's try accomplishments instead...

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- I successfully pushed out two human beings from my own body without any vomiting or defecating.
- I have spent an entire day in my PJ's with plans to clean at least one room and not actually completed a thing. I know, amazing right?

Ok, so I don't think this is working...

So if any of you know of some magical skill or accomplishment I possess that I have not yet realized, do bring it to my attention... quickly.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL... so what did you choose to tell?

Jess said...

that I used to be a Saddleback Church counselor, that I have never once in my life ever tried any kind of drug, not even a cigarette, and the fictional we made up at the last minute right before we got there... that I used to be a valet parker. lol

Megan said...

Oh Jessica I am so glad to know you have a blog! You have a new regular reader in me. And, on a completely not just "lip service" note, you have lots of gifts and skills that I've seen in just the few times we've been together! So looking forward to getting to know you and Frank better.

Laycee Lemons said...

Skills: You are a very giving person. You do an excellant job of making your husband feel loved and appreciated. Your an excellant cook. You put your family & God first in your life. You are always avail to lend and ear! And lets not forget the most important skill of all is that you can be at home all day with two kids and yet you still want more kids!

Accomplishments: You have to amazing beautiful welladjusted children who are loving and sweet and who will be shining examples of God's daughters! You have a husband who loves you more than words can say and would do anything for you and probably your most proud accomplishment is that you ....
...
wait for it...

HAVE A SISTER IN LAW LIKE ME WHO LOVES YOU TOO!