What do I need to do... put an ad out in the paper?? Babysitter troubles are so stressful!
So we first had this wonderful sitter pretty regularly. Charlotte. Loved her. A heart for children, and for blessing others by caring for their children. Yet life changes happen, and she took on a new opportunity within the church that would no longer allow her the availability to babysit for us. Great for her, but of course I was super bummed for our loss. Ok so moving on.... we then interviewed one of her closest friends, Rebekah. SUCH a doll. Bubbly, active, and fun. V loved her right away so she was our sitter for the last 3 months. Then again, life changes. It was time to start a new school year, which for Rebekah, is in southern california. Nooooooo!!!
So here we are, back at square one. We just had a new sitter watch the girls last Sunday evening, and it went well. Sophie didn't even cry when she walked in which is HUGE. But the poor thing can't live off babysitting, she is also a waitress and her schedule is constantly changing. So we are in desperate need of another one. MUCH easier said than done.
Do I just wear a sign on my back everywhere I go:
Looking For Babysitter who....
-is completely honest
-is not afraid to deal with a meltdown here or there
-isn't afraid to have fun and be silly
-loves the Lord
-will love and understand my children
-will comfort them as needed
.... okay is this too much to ask?? Maybe it is... but I don't think so. Please, mystery babysitter, if you're out there, contact me!!! We need you.
2 comments:
i match all of those! too bad you don't live by me! We could be this for each other!
I soooo am feeling you here. We need to start up a date night swap!
Post a Comment