image

image

Thursday, March 25, 2010

S.T.I.L.

Some Things I'm Learning...

About prayer....
- Prayer is not to be our laundry list for God. It is to be simple communication with Him. Meaning- talking to Him AND listening. It should include our adoration for Him, our thankfulness, our confession and lastly, supplication. And why do we adore and thank Him in our prayers? Because He is worthy. Why confess? We know we did wrong, we know we're forgiven. But we're also just like children. If I come to Him and confess and ask for forgiveness for my sin, and I do that each time, then I might begin to think twice before doing that same thing again.
- He ALWAYS answers our prayers... it's either yes, no, or wait. Just because I don't like the answer doesn't mean He hasn't responded.
- Our entire lives should be lived in absolute dependence on God through prayer. If JESUS prayed (John 17) then I certainly need to.
- Prayer prepares us for what's to come. We have no idea what's in store for us. We have to remain in Him (John 15). And that is done through prayer, reading His word... and OBEYING it.

No comments: