image

image

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Need to say "thank you"

(Tonight, April 24, 2013 I found this post.... halfway written and unpublished on my blog... and decided I needed to finish it.  So here it is.)

I'm going to confess something.  I pout.  I have pouted a lot lately.  Because one of my dearest friends I have had in all my 29 years moved away.  Not to mention how close our hubbies were and our children.  The Lord gave us a GIFT a few years ago when He began a small group of couples that began meeting on Wednesday nights.  He gave us the gift of friendship- an honest, humble, genuine, safe, transparent, unreserved, healing friendship.  One that changed me.  Shaped me.  Grew me.  Challenged me.  Showed me Christ's love in action.  Our God gives, and He takes away.  He hasn't taken away that friendship, no way.  But I have been pouting as if He did.  And I realized, I need to say thank you.

Thank you Lord....


... for our children's unforgettable friendships, the hours of joy and playful laughter









...for the depth of our husbands' friendships






...the holidays spent together




... for VBS fun



.... for QUALITY time







... for weddings together





... for doing pregnancies, births, and celebrations together







... for doing loss, deaths and tears shed together.










... for God revealing Himself to me time and time again, as a reflection in this friend.  For showing me what kind of genuine fellowship in joy and in depth He designed us to experience.  I love you friend, and I am thankful for the journey God carries you on and that I get to continue being let in on it.  Praying for you always, even when I don't respond for days with my 8 paragraph texts.  You are a gift, and I need to say THANK YOU.



No comments: