image

image

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

(Another) Day to Remember

Back in July 2010 I posted on this blog about V's acceptance of Jesus Christ as her Savior.  Such a joy to watch her pray that prayer on June 30, 2010.  And to see where she's at now, as she grows, matures, and says things that amaze me, things that most 6 year olds don't speak of.

Now I sit here again at this computer to document about April 13, 2013.

Our journey as parents with Victoria has differed greatly in our journey with Sophie.  The stubborn, strong-willed spirit she has shown, the feisty defiance, our cluelessness as to what to try next... it's been interesting... and so rewarding to see little victories and growth in her and watch her character develop. Throughout our bible stories, and talking about Jesus, what He did on the cross, who He is, the Holy Spirit, etc we always ask the girls questions.  I still remember sitting on Sophie's bed the first time I asked her if she would like forgiveness for her sin (bad choices as we sometimes call it) and if she would like Jesus to come and live in her heart forever.... a sweet silence as she thinks, and so politely and bluntly says, "um, no."  Wow, my child just rejected Christ was my first thought haha.  But, confident that as she grows and learns that she would desire to know Him and who He is.  Months later... the topic comes up again.... "no, no I don't want to" was her answer.  The first-time shock wasn't there for me, and actually, I appreciated and learned to be thankful that my child has such a mind of her own that she doesn't just do something because she thinks we want her to.  That she was making a conscience choice.

Then one Saturday night we are reading and talking about the beginning.  Before God created earth, what the bible says it was like before God spoke this world into existence.  And somewhere in there V happens to ask Sophie if she wants Jesus in her heart.  As I'm picking up our books I hear Sophie respond, "yes."  What??  All this time and talks with mommy and now it's sissy that leads her younger sister.  We prayed with Sophie that night, and the girls all played and wrestled with Dad for a good 30 minutes afterwards as I just sat and watched, soaking it up.

Not much else to say, but thank you God.

No comments: