I started running in the mornings. I'm getting up at 6 AM five days a week and running. If I would have known how much I would love it, I would have started a long time ago. Yes, the alone time is relaxing. The exercise is refreshing and energizing. The weather is perfect. The morning sun, the blooming flowers, it's all so peaceful. Yet that isn't just what I started loving so much about it. My first day of running I turn the corner out of our track and I start music on my iPod. And no joke, this is the first song that comes on.... (press play)
Yes, cheeseball, I know. But that's what happened. And it just set the mood for my whole run. Into marvelous light I AM running. Out of darkness, out of shame. By the cross You ARE the truth, You ARE the life, You ARE the way. I spent my whole jog worshipping Him. And thanking Him for the place He has brought me to in my life... to where I am desiring to glorify Him, to be the wife and mother He has called me to be. For blessing me with a husband who is the spiritual leader in our family. A husband that holds his wife's and daughter's hands and prays. Who encourages, serves, loves and appreciates me. Who makes it a joy to serve him. And for 2 beautiful and healthy daughters. And all of this only makes me want to know Him more. And read His word more. Which results in more glorification of Christ and more blessings. It's a beautiful cycle to be caught up in.
"I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." John 8:12
So I love how simple it is- running. Into marvelous light.
1 comment:
Awe, I love that that song came on!
Post a Comment