image

image

Friday, November 30, 2012

Bug & Reptile Recap

I have no depth to me tonight.... but felt like blogging.  So after getting rid of a scorpion I thought, hm, it would be fun to go back and recap all the things I have had to exterminate over the last several months... or, turn my head and let them scooch off into the bushes.




These are pretty amazing, and some of them look like they are on steroids.





Not quite sure WHAT this was.... centipede I thought.





 Countless spiders... really- I lost count after the first month






Toads! This one actually wouldn't leave my hand. Kinda wanted to keep him. But not really.




These things I hate with a white hot passion: sun spiders.  Horrid little creatures.  Non-poisonous but very fast and very aggressive.




My buddy the alligator lizard.  He was hiding up my dress when I was getting ready one morning.




Our garter snakes, friendly and small.  
(pictured below is one the girls accidentally killed when he got caught under their swing set.  V cried for a significant period of time and insisted on a proper burial... which yes, consisted of a target bag)






Here's the scorpion I found tonight.  YUCK.





And of course... we can't forget.... 
my epic battle with the (at the time) young rattle snake.  Pretty sure it turned out to be a young gofer snake, but boy was he mad- hissing, striking, coiled up, and shaking his tail like crazy... I had to assume it was a young rattler.  Soooo, yes, he met my shovel.  And the shovel won.




 How much more country will I get?? 

Stay tuned...





1 comment:

Tasha said...

A creature in your dress?!?!?! Yikes! Thanks for the funny now, probably not funny then post.