image

image

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where am I... God, marriage, kids (PART I)

So I kind of promised myself I would blog once a month.  Well, it's been a month and lots has been going on but honestly, I'm not sure what to journal about.  I love having this blog.  It really does not matter to me who or how many read it.  Because it's a way for me to write down what's going on in my life.  And what our journey as a family looks like over the years.  I haven't exactly been consistent with it, but it is pretty amazing (for me at least) to look back over the years and read about it all.  So, I'm going to keep my commitment of at least once a month.  It's worth it.

One of the things our life group does when just the ladies get together is a go around of how we are doing... with God, with our marriage, and with our kids.  I love this because it basically encompasses the main aspects in my life and helps me reflect on a regular basis.  So I thought since I have nothing very particular to blog about that's what I would do... where am I at... with God, my marriage, and my kids.

PART I of this blog... kids: oh boy.  They have me busier than ever, and it is just about to be turned up a few notches.  Hannah is CRAWLING.  Man she steals my heart.  And robs me of much housekeeping time.  Still waking up a ton every single night (2x if I'm lucky, 3-4x regularly), but hoping when I wean her off night feedings (which only God knows when that'll be since I have issues with letting go of nursing) that she'll get longer stretches of sleep.  OH!  And she is looooving table food.  Can't hold that girl back.  Papa's spaghetti in particular was one of her favorites.  Thanks Papa.




Sophie... her feisty-ness and hilarity just seems to get more intense as she gets older.  She cracks me up with her facial expressions and Boston accent.  (Yes, she has an accent, no idea where that came from.)  I love hearing her play with her older sissy down the hall and listen to them both laughing til their bellies hurt.  The older Soph gets, the more fun they seem to have together.

 She takes my breath away sometimes.




^Exploring at Shaver Lake                 ^Sisters being goobers


And Victoria... ok, *deep breath*... she starts kindergarten August 15th.  I am SO excited for her.  God has been at work orchestrating this school year for her.  From the timing of our move, leading us to school registration, to meeting the principal & teachers then having a connection with one in particular- seeing Jesus in her, to opening a piece of mail yesterday informing us she is in THAT teacher's class.  Tears literally came to my eyes reading that.  The Lord is placing her in a classroom with a teacher who made us feel so welcomed and who warmed my heart.  That is who will be teaching, caring for, growing, and investing in my firstborn, 5 days a week for 9 months.  Thank You Jesus.  August 15th will be a tough day for me.  I had some insight into myself the other day as to why so tough, why am I already crying just thinking about that day?  Ok well a chapter of V's life is ending.  And a new one is beginning.  My almost 6 years of having her home with me every day is coming to a rapid close.  And she is about to be opened up to a whole new world, one she will be a part of until she's an adult.  One filled with fun, joy, and learning... and also struggles, difficulties, hurts, and influences other than Mom and Dad.  But, I have a peace with our choice of public schooling.  I understand my role as her mother, and Frankie understands his as her father and leader of our home.  I am embracing the thought of the many teachable moments and opportunities to show V what God's Word says in her different experiences... what Truth looks like in our daily lives... and how it's applied.  Going to be praying for this year, for V's sensitive heart, for Mrs. Blesse (seriously, that's her name- how fabulous is that), and for my heart and mind to be at peace sending her off.





Soooo that's where I'm at with my girls... guess this post will be longer than I thought.  
Part II on marriage coming soon...


4 comments:

Guarantee Vendor List said...

Thanks for the update :-)

Megan said...

Ahhhhh loving the new name of your blog! SO cute!! And the specific insight into each of them. They are so blessed to have you as a Mommy. I especially can't WAIT to see how God moves those first few tender days of school ; )

Jen said...

I thought I would pop in and see how you guys were!! Hope school is going well for V! I miss teaching a little... But I am soooooooo not ready to go back yet... I will be going back reluctantly in just over a month :/. Unless a miracle happens that would allow me to stay home.

Jess said...

Jen, school is going incredible for her, she is thriving and her teacher is a HUGE blessing, not only to V but to my husband and I as well. :) ahhhh I will pray over that going back next month. I'm sure that'll be tough, but I know so many children will be blessed by having you as their teacher :)