image

image

Monday, September 19, 2011

Preparing for Hannah

Just over 4 weeks to go and she'll be here. Or perhaps sooner...?

I don't think I have fully grasped the reality yet. A part of me is in awe that God would entrust us with 3 precious lives. And all girls. Three girls. I now see that as a compliment from God. Apparently He has decided we know how (or will know how) to raise girls and to raise them well. Their futures are on my mind and in my prayers daily. I feel as though there is such a great need to constantly seek His wisdom in how to discipline them, how to speak with them, how to show them not just by words but by example what a godly woman, wife and mother looks like. To show them purity and reverence, that gentle and quiet spirit that is of great worth in God's sight. Talk about a heavy (and terrifying) responsibility.

As I think of Hannah's arrival (every day, all throughout the day), I pray... so much. That God blesses her not only with health and strength, but also with a heart for Him. That her big sisters would welcome her with open and loving arms. That she would be protected and safe and blessed with longevity of life. That she would be a good sleeper. A good eater. That God would continuously renew me with the energy and patience that will be so needed in those first weeks, and months to come.

I am excited, impatient, thankful, nervous, overjoyed, humbled and ready. Thank you Father for Your miracle of life, Your reward of children, and the joy they bring!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Jess, three girls! Thrilled for you! You are loved. Just wanted you to know. You are a great mom!