image

image

Sunday, January 23, 2011

LISH!

Lish. Derived from Sophie-licious. She is two. TWO. My "baby" is a toddler. A little girl. She turned two last week, and this week has already gone potty and poopy in the toilet!! Seriously?! What is happening?? Well, I had to look back and see how she came to be the precious 2 year old that she is....


















>













































It's so bittersweet. Watching your child grow and learn is one of the greatest blessings of parenthood, yet also one of the most painful. I can't tell you how many times I have thought back to Sophie's first year... and, as demanding as breast-feeding was, and as much as I didn't sleep, I so miss that time with her. I miss the quiet middle-of-the-night feedings. The rocking her to sleep in the dark, hearing her breathe, her warm cheek mushed against my chest. I miss watching her little diaper booty scoot across the family room floor. As I'm typing this, she is in her sissy's room with her, the door shut, as they play dress up together. They are such good friends, which makes me thankful for Sophie reaching this age. V is having more and more fun with her little sis all the time. Father, bless these girls, draw them close to you as they grow. Please place people in their lives that will encourage them in You. Please raise up strong godly men for their future husbands. Thank you Lord for the blessing of these two incredible, beautiful, healthy babies you have so graciously placed in our care.



Happy Birthday Sophie-lish. "Lah-Lu."

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Such a sweet post, Jess! It really just goes too fast, doesn't it!? What a beautiful family you're raising...it's obvious how much you love them!! xo