The average woman uses 7,000 words per day. That's a lot of talking. And generally speaking, I talk a lot. It may not always be with an adult, but regardless, I'm sure I fill that daily quota. In doing my lesson last week, I'm learning that my responsibility to tell others of the gospel and encouraging others in the Lord carry a lot more weight than I give attention to. I tend to remain more on the surface. And not because I necessarily want to, but simply because that's all that is in my comfort zone. You know what else is in my comfort zone? This blog. Writing all by myself from behind my computer screen. Where I can think about things before typing and clicking on "publish post." Where I don't have to deal with any awkward silence, mushy emotions, difficult questions, and/ or confrontation. Why is that?? Why can't I simply talk to people? Why can't I be more verbal? I'm a total Peter (pre-crucifixion that is). I lack boldness. I care so much but lack the boldness to speak for it.
I have reason to rejoice. Isaiah 12:4 says "Give praise to the LORD, proclaim His name; make known among the nations what He has done, and proclaim that His name is exalted."
What good is my growth, my joy and my desire to be used if I don't step out of that comfort zone and get my feet wet?
Sooo, here's to deeper conversation... to boasting of the Lord, and not keeping all to myself the work He's done, doing, and will do.
4 comments:
Well, I have the pleasure of getting to see and hear from you in a more "deep" setting every week- but I gotta say, I think you are great at sharing from the heart! And you exude "Christ is working in me" in your speech, for sure. And, your blog looks really cute! = )
that means a lot, thank you. :)
I think sharing your deeper thoughts via a blog is a great start. You'd probably be surprised how many people read and are touched by your words. I'm the opposite; I don't feel the need to speak unless I have something important to say, so my blog is more of a place to do the light chit chat stuff, and real life is where I like to talk about the deeper stuff.
Thanks Jen. :)
Post a Comment