image

image

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FFD Wives for Christ

Don't know where it's going.... not sure how we're going to get there...

But I guess I just felt the need for us fire wives who have so much in common to be more connected. We are wives to firefighters, moms to kids, and sisters in Christ. And it has been on my heart to start something.... something to where we can all connect, grow, support and serve together. Whether that's through a bible study, helping each other out with babysitting, delivering meals to families in need, play dates, prayer requests, etc etc etc. And I don't want something that becomes a monthly meeting where we all just smile, take part in surface conversation, eat some brownies and go home. I think it can be more than that. I think it can be real. Genuine. Sincere. I think we can build friendships and fellowship that not only benefits ourselves but others too, and ultimately glorifies God.

Like I said, not sure how we're going to get there... so I'm just following His lead. And hoping others do as well.

http://ffdwivesforchrist.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

spencyswifey said...

What a great way to get connected. I'm so excited to see where this takes you!

Jess said...

Thank you friend. :) You make me smile.